Signing up to a casino may seem easy at first, but you really have to know a few things before creating the account. Why is the casino asking you for so much information? What are terms and conditions? Why is there a personal details form? Is everything safe?
Here we at CasinoFreak.com will discuss everything on signing up at online casinos in a step-by-step guide, where we will explain what the casino registering process is all about, along with a useful FAQ section.
Please note that CasinoFreak.com powered online casinos are trusted and you can create your account directly from our website, where you can also get exclusive offers and bonuses.
First things first, why should you sign up at an online casino? There are many reasons why you should opt for creating an account, and these go as following:
- Personal Information. All of your data is stored in one single secured place.
- Welcome Bonuses. Many online casinos offer free sign-up bonuses to their players.
- Live Support. When you have an account you can contact the customer support directly, any time of the day, and resolve any issues you might encounter promptly.
Now, let’s dive further into our step-by-step guide on creating an online casino account and find out what it takes to register.
1. Find the Best Online Casino
The first step if you want to set up an account at an online casino is to look for an online casino that suits your needs. Why? Well, there are many online casinos that promise many prizes and wonderful offers, but you can’t just stop at the first one you see. In fact, no two casinos are alike. In order for you to understand more about what it takes for an online casino to be trusted and worthy of your investment, we have made a summary of the most relevant aspects to look for within the list below:
- Licenses. Make sure the online casino is licensed and regulated by respected local jurisdictions such as the Michigan Gaming Control Board, the West Virginia Racing Commission, the UK Gambling Commission, the Romanian ONJN, and more.
- Security. Inform yourself on the level of security the casino is providing. The enforcement of know-your-customer technologies where your data is encrypted is a good sign. You can also check and see if the casino’s owner is listed on the site, as transparent ownership is another sign of a safe online gambling operator.
- Reviews. Keep an eye for player ranking, as this is the feedback left by other gamblers that already tried the casino out. Also, make sure to avoid blacklisted casinos. These are rogue websites that players had problems with in the past and should be avoided.
- Variety. Check the casino’s available software providers and payment methods. Big names such as NetEnt, Microgaming, Skrill, Paypal, and more won’t associate themselves with scams or shady online casinos.
- Terms and Conditions. See how frequently the casino changes its terms and conditions. Terms and conditions are the contract you sign and agree to before gambling in a casino. Usually, these rules are not changed unless there are new legislations or general rules. A casino that changes its terms and conditions too often is not to be trusted! If you want to know more on this topic, you can also take a look at our other guide on casino fairness and safety.
2. Complete the Registration Process
As gambling is regulated and secured, the casino needs your personal information. Make sure you provide accurate answers because you will have to confirm everything at checkout, so to speak. Choose your username and password, and make sure the nickname you want isn’t already taken. Also, keep your password private and feel free to play with upper case letters and symbols whenever possible for added safety. You will be asked for:
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Date of birth;
Take note that casinos are allowed to ask you to provide more documents, for the sake of security and legal gambling.
In the picture below you can see a screenshot of the first step of an online casino’s signup form to get an idea of what you will be required to fill in. Keep in mind that many casinos have step-by-step guided registration forms like this:
The casino needs to know that you are a real person and that you sign up for gambling purposes, and this is a process all players go through. It may seem weird at first, but giving your information to a certified and safe website is no big deal, especially when you choose a trusted website.
3. Verify Your Casino Account
Verifying your identity for an online casino may differ from one website to another. This process happens in order for your account to be more personal and secured, with information only you can know and provide. As a listing, online casinos may not let you log in unless you provide and confirm one or more from the things above again:
- Date of Birth;
- Email address.
Even if you mentioned all of these in the registration forms you may have to confirm them either by completing an additional form, by confirming your email address through a specialized link, or by providing a picture of your government-issued ID document.
4. Collect the Welcome Bonuses!
Mind the bonuses the casino offers you, especially when you come across the casino registration bonuses for new players. Login to your new account and check the casino’s afferent category for promotions, offers, and other deals. Also, keep in mind that there are also the mobile casino sign up bonuses that you can acquire the same way from a mobile device as long as the casino has an eligible interface. Let’s find out more:
- Welcome bonuses are a big part of online gambling, and they are also known as no deposit bonuses or simply as free bonuses.
Note that you should not make a confusion between welcome free bonuses and loyalty programs free bonuses. The latter consist of the awards the casino may offer to its VIP players once in a while.
A few more things to keep in mind:
- Welcome Offers. These offers apply to new players once they open their first account for a specific online casino. Welcome bonuses are usually listed at sign up, above the whole registration form or you can see them on the casino’s homepage. They come as money, free spins or both. Also, note that some of them may only be available to certain games.
- Rules, Conditions. Read the terms and conditions carefully in order to see how you can acquire them, what their wagering is, and what other requirements you have to meet.
- Low Wagering. As you may know, low wagering promotions are the most lucrative types of bonuses, and many of them are given to new players. This means that you don’t need to spend any money or to gamble your winnings many times before being able to cash out your first win. Isn’t that great?
- Free Bonuses. Some online casinos provide free bonuses included in their welcome pack, while others give both the welcome pack and the first deposit bonus in one. Therefore, a free bonus doesn’t always mean a welcome bonus, as you may need to make a deposit in order to get the welcome bonus in some online casinos.
In order to make your first deposit go to the casino’s Deposit page. There you can choose your preferred payment method. Select the amount, and confirm. You can opt to deposit with prepaid payment methods, where your credit card and other personal information won’t be required.
Our database is full of information on various online casino payment methods such as Skrill, Paypal, Paysafecard, and more, so make sure you check them out in order to learn more on the casino banking process.
No Account Casinos
No account casinos are a good alternative for when you are on the run or just if you want to try real-money online casino gambling without any commitment. This kind of gambling websites donțt require you to register in order to play.
You only need to deposit the amount you want to gamble and start playing. Once you close the session, the rest of the money will be returned to your bank account. Therefore, you will need an eligible bank account in order to begin, and this works as a safety measure.
Choosing a no account online casino has its perks. Some pros of no account casinos include:
- You aren’t tied to a singular casino website;
- You don’t have to provide sensitive information;
- You will be able to play right away.
Nevertheless, gambling without any commitment also comes with specific drawbacks. Some restrictions on no account casinos consist of:
- You are not eligible for welcome bonuses;
- The customer support won’t be able to help you right away, as you will have to provide personal data in case a problem arises;
- If you want to keep playing in a no deposit casino you will have to deposit each time you open the website;
- You are not eligible for VIP and Loyalty Programs.
How to Deactivate Your Casino Account
Sometimes, it can happen: you want to deactivate your online casino account. Maybe you didn’t enjoy your experience, or maybe you just don’t agree with the casino’s policy. Maybe you even encountered a massive technical problem. Don’t panic! In case you had an issue, keep in mind that the casino’s customer support is usually always there for you, one click of the mouse away.
Nonetheless, if you really want to terminate your casino account, you will have to access your personal account settings and then scroll down to the Remove Account area. Confirm your decision and you are done.
Keep in mind that all of your bonuses and personal data will be deleted as well. Therefore, if you will create another account, you will be asked to provide your details once more.
Don’t worry about the money that was left in your account, as it will be sent back to you.
Make sure to check on your personal details once more before deleting your account and that everything is updated so that you don’t lose any money!
Creating an online casino account is safe, easy, and has lots of benefits, such as keeping your info in one place and letting you have a money balance you can keep a track of. Once you find the best casino for your needs, just go ahead and sign up for a personal profile. It takes only a few minutes, and you will be able to enjoy your favorite casino games anytime.
Down below you can also read our FAQ on signing up at online casinos, where we provide answers to some of the most common questions asked all over the internet on this topic. And if the topic of online gambling is something you want to know more about, you may also be interested in our Guide on why you should start playing in online casinos.